Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Two little guys made it to their new home and Two gadgets.


         This week I've been so busy being Papa, sorry this took so long, And I wrote and posted last nice and verified and the post and this morning it's gone. I think it has something to do with the Blogger app It Gone!!

          So here we go this week the refuge got two phones from Kevin E. he is a Writer at Daily Mobile and Nokia Innovation. I've followed him on Twitter for a couple years. Great guy!!!


           First up is a Nokia 252 in box it came out in 1998. Its my first analog Nokia which rocks no way its usable but it still a welcome addition. It had 6 distinctive ring tones and the phone book stores up to 75 entries do you really know more then 75 people anyway really? It came with a 1150 mAh NiMH Battery which gives you up to 2 hours analog talk time.and a stand by time of up to 36 hours. I did try to charge it but it made a "I'll Burn your house down" sound with and without the battery. It is still a welcome addition to the Refuge and will be well taken care of.
            Second is a Nokia 7070 Prism in box a nice little phone. It has come from a long way away. It appears to be from Russia. Read this in your best Dolph Lungren voice "A Nokia from Mother Russia" This little guy is small and light love it when its open the grooves on the back make it look like a solid phone which is pretty cool. Back in 2008 this phone came in a 900 / 1800 GSM which I'm sure this one is and a 850 / 1900 regardless when I get some time I'm gonna throw a sim in it and see if it will make a call. So the only issue is it's stuck on Russian gotta fix this if I can, did some research and having a rough time. There are some people at my work that may be able to help. I'll update if I succeed in setting it to english.

         Third thing that Kevin sent to the Refuge is this bracelet he got at the Nokia Lumia 1020 release after party in New York City. OK I don't know why but this is so cool. Kevin you ROCK!!! I love anything with Nokia on it and this I consider rare I assume only the people that where there got these.
            And last recently I discovered Listia It's pink it's loud and it has Nokia on it. Cost me $1.65 Sweet!!!
Questions or comments please feel free to contact me. You can follow me on Twitter at @Nokia_Refuge or contact me at Nokia_Refuge@outlook.com.

 Again the purpose of this blog is to save as many neglected or forgotten Nokia as I can. So if you have any that are in a closet or a desk drawer somewhere collecting dust. If you hate it and want to get rid of it or you love it but have no use for it and want it to live on send it to me. I will make sure that its retirement is comfortable and safe on my 1/8 acre refuge. Again I may be able to chip in for shipping but unfortunately unable to buy them as my wife would FREAKING KILL ME.

And it doesn't need to be a phone if it says Nokia its wecome here.

No comments:

Post a Comment