Monday, January 27, 2014

Misfortune and Kirf

So this weekend I won a Nokia N95 8GB on eBay woohooo!!!!!!!!! My favorite Nokia I was so happy. The seller claims the screen does not work I think that is an easy $7 fix. At any rate I see he is only a few miles from the Refuge. Double bonus I can just go get it and save on shipping which makes this black beauty all mine for $15 what great fortune has befallen me. I txt him say I will be in the area do you want to meet somewhere? Side note Craigslist people and eBayers it is absolutly insane to invite people to your house. At any rate I find his house.


He is a fairly young guy he says he got it from Florida. he hands me the box I find it odd that there is no sticker on the side the one with the serial number and the IMEI. I open the box and its perfect no wear or terror. So on my merry way I go my wife wants to stop by the store so away we go. 

As my wife walks into the store I grab the box to ceress this beauty I realize hmmm this phone has an Micro sd card slot pretty sure the 8GB didn't have one of those. I start looking closer and I see the front facing camera is just a little bit off center. Under the battery no IMEI no made in and the verdict is fake fraud counterfeit. So now what to do return it, repair it or one twitter friend suggested and I quote "Take a Bat to it" 

 Its not my first fake Nokia I got this little one a few years ago. Its about half the size of a N95 real or other wise. Everything works slider goes both ways are controls has memory card slot for Micro SD and 2 sim card slots. I actually used this phone its not bad, its just a JAVA phone so nothing amazing but cool all the same.


Questions or comments please feel free to contact me. You can follow me on Twitter at @Nokia_Refuge or contact me at Nokia_Refuge@outlook.com.

 Again the purpose of this blog is to save as many neglected or forgotten Nokia as I can. So if you have any that are in a closet or a desk drawer somewhere collecting dust. If you hate it and want to get rid of it or you love it but have no use for it and want it to live on send it to me. I will make sure that its retirement is comfortable and safe on my 1/8 acre refuge. Again I may be able to chip in for shipping but unfortunately unable to buy them as my wife would FREAKING KILL ME.
And it doesn't need to be a phone if it says Nokia its welcome here.

No comments:

Post a Comment