Thursday, August 22, 2013

  Ladies and Gentlemen I give you my second post:

     Today is the first of what I hope to be many. I had intended on writing about my adventures in procuring my Nokia N9, But today from a co-worker I received 2 Refugees.

     First is the 2610b it was budget minded 2G phone released in 2006 had a 1.6 screen with 113ppi pixel density. Baby we have come along way. This beast had a generous 3 MB for up to 300 numbers It had GPRS but nothing else no EDGE no WLAN no Bluetooth and no USB. This guy was a no nonsense phone for people that needed to make phone calls and an TXT or 2. But you had to be prudent wit you use cause with the 970 mAh battery it only had about a 3 hour talk time. It has PAC-MAN and MS PAC-MAN Sweet!!!! unfortunately will only play for 30 seconds as its a demo probably no chance of getting the full version. Just got this phone so it needs a bath and some TLC. But I shall do my best to revive this little soldier and make sure it has a comfortable retirement.

     The second Refugee I got today is the 3120b from Cingular it to was budget minded 2G phone. It was released in 2004 had a 1.6 screen with 113ppi pixel density. This little brut could hold up to 256 phonebook entries with 4 fields per entry It had GPRS but nothing else no EDGE no WLAN no Bluetooth but it did have a Pop-Port. gonna have to look that one up. Another no nonsense phone for people that needed to make phone calls and an TXT. It had the same BL-5C as the 2610 but boasted up to 6 hours of talk time. And yes Snake oh how I missed thee. However I don't have a sim to put in it so sadly I can not play. And on another note the battery for this little guy was swollen and not usable the bonus was its the same battery as the 2610b. 


       I have actually used the 3120b and loved it. I was updating the computer network for a company that makes French Fries and other potato products for Wendy's and McDonald's. I was carrying a Nokia N900 at the time and evidently there is a high indecent of spying occurrences within the French Fry industry and they don't allow any device capable of capturing Video or Photographs so I got a 3120 from somewhere. The only cool thing saw out there I would have taken Video or Pics was a exhaust pipe that would blow these gigantic smoke rings like 10 feet or more HUGE (you can see it from the freeway so don't try to turn me in) and I could get super close, and it would have been some cool pictures and video. So for a month or so I carried this little guy with no complaints whats so ever.


      At any rate both seem to be 100% functional, not pretty but both are welcome additions to the Refuge. 

Questions or comments please feel free to contact me. You can follow me on Twitter at @Nokia_Refuge or contact me at Nokia_Refuge@outlook.com.

 Again the purpose of this blog is to save as many neglected or forgotten Nokia as I can. So if you have any that are in a closet or a desk drawer somewhere collecting dust. If you hate it and want to get rid of it or you love it but have no use for it and want it to live on send it to me. I will make sure that its retirement is comfortable and safe on my 1/8 acre refuge. Again I may be able to chip in for shipping but unfortunately unable to buy them as my wife would FREAKING KILL ME.

Thank you and thank you Crazy Cal for the phones.


No comments:

Post a Comment